SAFED Training Ireland
Safe and Fuel Efficient Driving can reduce fuel consumption, saving any operator about €1,100.00 or nearly 1,000.00 litres per year. In addition, saving up to 2.6 tonnes of emissions a year. Safe Zone uses SAFED training to assist in reducing your fleet’s costs of operations:
- With an average saving of eight per cent
- Reduction in gear change by 36 per cent
Our training revolves around in-cab driver tuition, reducing CO2 emission, working to improve and develop safe driving technique, reduce maintenance costs, reduce fuel costs, increase driver awareness, and vehicle control.
For any company that operates fleets of vehicles, Safe Zone is relevant, size and structure are not taken as a primary factor.
Any vehicle driver in your fleet, or in depended driver seeking to improve techniques or reduce costs.
Working to equip drivers with clear instruction and easy to understand information on how to best operate their vehicles with safe and fuel efficient practices. Using optimum revolutions, great ratios and maintaining speeds with the goal of minimizing the cost of operating the vehicle by:
- Lower operating costs, reduced and emissions, and improved profit margins are all a product of more fuel efficient drivers.
- A reduction in injuries and fatalities through safer driving.
- Less downtime for repair and maintenance
- Reduced insurance costs.
SAFED training leads to the following in cost reduction:
- Averaged savings of 10 per cent in fuel costs
- Averaged savings of 36 per cent gear changes
- Reduced fuel consumption averaging 1,000 litres per year or approximately €1,100.00 a year, and 2.6 tonnes in emissions.
- Principles of fuel consumption
- Principles of driver safety
- Driver Responsibilities including license checking
- Increased fuel economy awareness and road layouts
- Utilizing gears to avoid unnecessary revving and gear changes
- Avoiding hard braking
- Driving techniques to build safety and fuel efficiency
- Understanding of checks and risks
- Assessment Drive
- Identify key improvement areas
- Coaching for performance improvement
- Feedback and future planning
Attendees are required to provide a suitable vehicle
Training is limited to three drivers per day, in which a full report is provided to each driver following their training session.